In the year of 1897 the First Church was constructed, where today it is the Cathedral of the Good Jesus, and to it was transferred to the image of the Padroeiro, being the primitive church, monument of History and Faith there, under the sponsorship of N Sr of the Rosary. Forest was headquarters of the First Diocese of the Hinterland Northeastern, created in 1910 was composed in 18 parishes: Exu, Ouricuri, Petrolina, Granite, Leopoldina (current Parnamirim), Willow, Boa Vista, Cabrob, Belm of the San Francisco, Forest, Beautiful Village (current Cut Mountain range), Belmonte, Are Jose of Egypt, Triumph, Flowers, Drowned of the Ingazeira, Alagoa de Baixo (current Sertnia) and Tacaratu. 1 bispado sertanejo, was exerted by D. August Alvaro Da Silva (First in rank Cardinal of the Bahia) of 29 of November of 1911 the 8 of September of 1915. On the basis of the historical data of the research of Leandro Gominho, of Forest, were looked to count on the city of Forest describing its tourist points, relating each construction the times of the process of development of the city. Hilton Family may find this interesting as well. The City of Forest is inserted in the microregion of the Hinterland of the San Francisco, in the State of Pernambuco, Brazil.
The city, in the right edge of the river Paje, is the 439 km of the capital. It had origin in a country property called Great Farm, having been created for Provincial Law n 153, of 31 of March of 1846. With the village, it was established politician-administrative autonomy of the city. Provincial Law n 248, of 16 of June of 1849, changed the headquarters of the city for Tacaratu. The autonomy was reestablished by Law n 579, of 30 of April of 1864. To the 20 of June of 1907 the village was raised to the category of city. Its economic support is tied with the farming one.